Firmware updating and flashing
Firmware update is a simple process which is done via the USB cable and the computer. The latest version can be always found at prusa3d.com/drivers. It is recommended to download the latest version, in order to have your printer up to date.
Actual firmware version running on your printer can be found in LCD menu - support - Firmware [version].
- Install drivers on your Windows or MacOS. You can find latest drivers on this link.
- Scroll down to the Firmware section. Download the zip file which contains firmware for your printer (MK2/S, Multimaterial or MK3).
- Unzip the downloaded file.Then you can use enclosed guide to select the correct firmware for your mini RAMBo version.
All of the Original Prusa i3 MK2/S/Multimaterial owners will be using the one containing RAMBo13a.
Original Prusa i3 MK3 owners shall just download the zip file with MK3 firmware which contains proper .hex for MK3.
*Just for the reference, RAMBo10a is only for users with older miniRAMBo board version 10a
- Upgrading the firmware:
- Connect your printer to the computer using provided USB cable and turn the printer on and launch the FirmwareUpdater app.
- Choose your firmware .*hex file.
- Choose serial port of your printer.
- If you don't see your printer on the left, hit the Rescan button and wait around 2 seconds.
- Hit the Update! button.
- Everything is done now. Happy printing!
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any following questions.