Firmware updating and flashing
Updating the printer's firmware is a simple process that requires a computer and a USB cable. The latest firmware revision can be always downloaded from prusa3d.com/drivers. It is recommended to check our website regularly and download latest versions in order to keep your printer up to date. Updated firmware packages bring reliability improvements, new features, useful tweaks, and various fixes.
Current firmware version on your printer can be found in LCD menu - support - Firmware [version].
Updating the firmware
- Get the drivers for your operating system (Windows or MacOS). You can download the latest drivers on our website
- Scroll down to the Firmware section. Download the zip file which contains firmware for your printer (MK2/S, Multimaterial or MK3). Make sure to download the right file, each printer model runs a different firmware!
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your PC.Use the guide that comes with the firmware files to select the correct version for your mini RAMBo board.
All Original Prusa i3 MK2/S/Multimaterial owners should use the file with "RAMBo13a" in the filename.
Original Prusa i3 MK3 owners should download the zip file with MK3 firmware containing the correct .hex for MK3.
*Side note: RAMBo10a is only for users with older miniRAMBo board version 10a
- Upgrading the firmware:
- Connect your printer to the computer using the provided USB cable, turn the printer on and launch the FirmwareUpdater app.
- Choose your firmware .*hex file.
- Choose serial port of your printer.
- If you don't see your printer on the left, hit the Rescan button and wait around 2 seconds.
- Hit the Update! button.
- Everything is ready. Happy printing!
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.