One of the most wanted features is finally available. All of the Original Prusa i3 MK3 owners shall not experience failed prints once the power goes off.
How does it work?
- A sensor detects mains voltage. In case of an interruption, it immediately shuts down Heatbed/Extruder heating.
- The last bit of the power is used from the capacitors to lift the Extruder away from the print.
- In case of a very short power failure, the printer will automatically restore printing.
Heatbed cools down during the black out
- As bed would cool down over time, there is a risk that your print will not stick to the Heatbed anymore. So, check if all of your prints are properly attached.
- After that you can restore printing. Yet it is better to observe the behaviour of the printer for next 5-10 minutes to see if everything continues without any problems.
In case of any other questions. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.