This article is also available in following languages:
One of the best things about getting your very first 3D printer kit is the assembly. Building your first 3D printer may take some time, however, it's the perfect way to get to know the machine in detail. Not only that, but it's also a lot of fun to put the whole machine together.
The length of the assembly depends on the type of the printer and generally takes several hours, complicated setups (e.g. MK3S + MMU2S) can day or two. However it is not a race, so take your time, follow the instructions and enjoy the construction!
- Each kit comes with a printed assembly manual (MMU2S assembly manual is only available online). If you would like to see the photos in full resolution, you can always visit our online manuals. Choose the language and product you are assembling. Pay attention to your printer version (e.g., MK3 assembly differs from the MK3S).
- Our manuals are written in English, Czech, Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Polish.
- We try to make our manuals easy to understand so that truly everyone, from children to elderly persons can enjoy our printers. However, if you struggle with any chapter, do not hesitate to contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common assembly errors
- Do not rush with the assembly as going fast through usually means that some mistakes are made in the process. And it's more time consuming to fix them than doing everything properly right from the start.
- Once you see anything labeled in RED, always double-check that you followed these instructions correctly. These are usually essential steps in the whole assembly. Not following them might cause future problems, delays, and in the worst-case scenario even damage to the product.
How hard can it be?
- The complete assembly is quite straightforward if you follow the manual precisely.
- Each chapter is labeled with a level of difficulty. That should give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Don't be afraid! Tens of thousands of users made it so you can make it too!