One of the best things about getting your very first 3D printer kit is the assembly. It may be a bit a lengthy process, however, it's the perfect way to get to know your machine in detail. Not only that, but it's also a lot of fun to put the whole thing together. The process should take you roughly between 6 - 10 hours (for the printer assembly). However it is not a race, so take your time and enjoy the construction!
- Each kit or printer upgrade comes with a printed assembly manual. If you would like to see the photos in full resolution, you can always visit our online manuals. Simply choose the language and product you are assembling. Pay attention to your printer version (e.g., MK2 assembly differs from the MK2S one).
- Our manuals are written in English, Czech, Spanish, Italian, German, French and Polish.
- We try to make our manuals as easy to understand as possible so that truly everyone can put the printer together with ease. However, if you struggle with any chapter, do not hesitate to contact our support at email@example.com.
Common assembly errors
- Do not rush the assembly as rushing it usually means making simple mistakes in the process. And it's more time consuming to fix them than doing everything properly right from the start.
- Once you see anything labeled in RED, always double-check that you followed these instructions correctly. These are usually the essential steps in the whole assembly. Not following them might cause future problems, delays and in the worst case scenario even damage to the product.
- You can always check your assembly using the preflight chapter, which can be found at the end of each guide. In preflight chapters, we present easy-to-follow steps to fix common errors. The rest is checked via the printer's Self-test.
How hard can it be?
- The complete assembly is quite straightforward if you follow the manual precisely.
- Each chapter is labeled with a level of difficulty. That should give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Don't be afraid! You can do it! Even gummy bears were able to build our printer. :)