Blown Fuse (miniRAMBO)
The miniRAMBO board has built-in fuses to protect the board. There are three fuses in total. If one of them gets blown, then your board would lose all of its capabilities.
Each one of the fuses is protecting a different segment of the miniRAMBO board.
- F2 (5A fuse) - Extruder motor, X-axis motor, Y-axis motor and Z-axis motors
- F3 (5A fuse) - Thermistor for Hotend & Heatbed, Print fan & Hotend fan
- F4 (15A fuse) - Heated bed & Hotend heater
That means that if one of them would be blown. The segment it is protecting is the one we should test out for a potential short.
How to proceed:
- Get a new 5A/15A fuse (fuses can be found at any local car parts or hardware store (just to be sure, bring the blown fuse with you)
- Place the new fuse in its proper place - Double check that you are replacing 5A for 5A or 15A for 15A. Especially for the heated bed.
- Unplug devices from the previously blown fuse and try to turn on your printer.
- Turn off the printer and plug all of the components to the miniRAMBO board
If replacing the fuse solved the problem. Then you are good to go. If the issue persists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem.