Printer does not turn on/keeps turning off
Power down the printer and unplug the USB cable if connected. Open the electronics cover and examine the MK2/MK2S miniRAMBo electronics wiring.
The printer turns off during preheating
If your printer happens to power off during the initial preheating process, then it is not all bad. Most likely you just have the 220v set in a 110v system. So just easily switch it to the proper option on the voltage switch at the back of the PSU.
The printer does not turn on
If your printer does not turn on at all, then please check the following:
- The power supply has the proper AC voltage selected, either 110v or 220v. There is a small rocker switch that you can use to toggle between the two options. Before you do that, it is absolutely crucial that the printer is disconnected from the power outlet!
- Check all the wiring for broken cables. In some occasions, too tight zip ties can damage the wire insulation and cause a short.
- Check the wiring of your RAMBo board with the following MK2/MK2S miniRAMBo electronics wiring.
- Check the miniRAMBO fuses.
- Check the power supply voltage with the use of a multimeter and if it provides the correct 12V DC. If not or you do not own a multimeter, please contact our support.
If the problem still persists and PSU provides power, remove the RAMBo from the housing and try to disconnect everything except the PSU and LCD panel. If it doesn't light up, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will help you out. If it does power up, add one component after another and you should easily find the problematic part of the printer.