Changing or replacing the nozzle
To replace the Olsson Ruby nozzle, follow the instructions on the official 3DVERKSTAN website. Otherwise, you could damage it!
How to change or replace the nozzle
Before you start:
- CAUTION: Heated parts can cause severe burns!
- Make sure no filament is left in the hotend before proceeding
- Preheat the nozzle to 250-270°C (LCD Menu - Settings - Temperature - Nozzle). Heating the nozzle is essential for this process
- Be extra careful around the hotend thermistor leads. You can break them off easily
- Gain better access to the nozzle by moving the extruder axis as high as possible: Go to LCD Menu - Settings - Move Axis - Move Z. Use the Knob to set the height.
- Unscrew the screw on the fan mouthpiece and the two screws on the print fan. Remove both parts (Pict. part 1).
- Remove the two front screws on the nozzle fan (Pict. part 2).
- Unscrew the two screws holding the extruder cover (Pict. part 3). Even though the nozzle itself is accessible directly, we recommend taking the extruder cover off to get better access to the heating block.
- Now the whole nozzle body is accessible (Pict. part 4).
- Hold the heater block with a 17mm spanner (M10) and unscrew the nozzle (Pict. part 5) using supplied pliers, or preferably use a 7mm spanner (M4). Be careful, the nozzle is still hot!
- Make sure that the set temperatures (250-270°C) didn't change. Carefully screw the new nozzle in and tighten it. Don't forget to use a spanner to hold the heater block. Reassemble the extruder, insert the filament and you are ready to print.
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.