Steel sheets - removing printed objects & maintenance
The new MK52 Magnetic HeatBed holds replaceable alloy spring steel sheet with PEI surface. We have three types of sheets: Smooth PEI sheet, Glossy powder coated PEI, Textured powder coated PEI.
How to remove printed objects
- Await until the steel sheet cools down.
- Take it off and bend it inwards or outwards - depending on the size and quantity of printed object/s.
- Do so until you can easily remove the printed object/s.
- For very thin models, you can still use a spatula.
- There is no difference between the Original i3 MK2/S PEI and the PEI on the removable steel sheet. So please visit PEI print surface preparation article for information about preparation before printing. And visit Increasing PEI adhesion article if you want to know how to increase your PEI adhesion.
- Over time you might see small bubbles underneath the PEI. It is nothing to worry about. It does not affect printing quality and they shall disappear over time.
- These usually appear on the spot you print the most. Therefore try to print around the whole surface of the heated bed. Not just one spot.
- If that does not work out. Then simply swap the side of the steel sheet you were printing on. This shall speed up the "recovery" of your PEI surface.
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you would have any following questions.