Pronterface and USB cable
Keep in mind that when printing from Pronterface, the computer must be connected to the printer during the whole printing process - the computer must be prevented from sleep, hibernation, or shutting down. Disconnecting the computer during the print ends the printing without the option to finish the object.
Setting up USB connection and Proterface
- Connect the printer to the computer with the USB cable.
- Choose the connection port in Pronterface (download available with the printer drivers, see the chapter 9 Printer drivers ). Mac users use /usbmodem port, PC Windows ports are COM1, COM2, etc.; the correct port is displayed in the device manager, Linux users connect the printer using the virtual serial port. When the printer is connected, click the Connect button. The right column displays the connection information.
- The next step is loading the model with Load model button and choosing the file name.gcode ( no special symbols in file name).
- You can control the movement of all printer axes at the control area.
- Next you can preheat the printer and prepare it for the printing . Set the temperature for the nozzle (heater) and heatbed (bed) and click Set button. The printer starts heating immediately. Always check that the temperatures set in Pronterface are correct according to our material guide!
- You can check the actual temperatures of the nozzle and the bed in Pronterface.
- When the model is loaded, the right column shows the estimated print duration: Estimated duration (pessimistic).
How to operate Pronterface
- Load file button is used to load the desired model. Model must be in .gcode file format.
- Choose the port by which the printer is connected to the computer. (mostly /usbmodem for Mac, COM1, COM2, etc for Windows PC).
- The Print button starts the printing process.
- The Disconnect button disconnects the printer from the computer.
- Printer controls. Here you can manipulate the printer axes.
- Setting the nozzle and bed temperatures.
- Confirming the set temperatures, heating starts.
- 2D print process preview.
- Info panel. Estimated print time, axis position and other info are displayed after loading the model.
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would have any following questions.