Bondtech Extruder gears
The Bondtech Extruder gears are made of hardened carbon steel. As the gear meshing section is constantly turning during this operation, it needs lubrication to reduce wear, lower friction and reduce noise.
It is recommended to use a lithium based grease (e.g conrad.de). This procedure shall be done roughly every 3-6 months. Depending on the usage of your Printer.
- Open the Extruder idler after 100 hours of printing. Clear left-over filament dust & and inspect both of the gears.
- You can use Assembly manual to do so. Simply undo STEP 15. This way you will be able to open the Extruder idler easily.
- Put some grease on Extruder gear teeth in order to reduce friction. After extensive use of your printer. You may also inspect the Needle bearings which are inside.
Bondtech gears doing "squeaky" noise
Although steps in the previous paragraph shall reduce friction and possible squeaky noises of your Extruder gears. There is still chance that it was caused with the assembly of your Extruder.
- Make sure that your idler is not overtightened. That can happen if you over-tighten screws in STEP 15 of the E-axis assembly.
- Double check the alignment for both of your Extruder gears. Both of them must be aligned so that they can properly
- As in the maintenance. Make sure there is no filament dust around the gear.
- Lastly, make sure that both of your gears can move freely. Which they should if you have followed all of the instructions in this article.
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you would have any other questions.